1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Find Reservoir - Locate the power steering fluid reservoir
4. Check Level - Determine the power steering fluid level
5. Checking Tips - Tips on reading the power steering fluid levels
6. Replace Cap - Secure the power steering fluid cap back in place
7. More Info. - Additional information on power steering fluid
The video above shows you the steps needed to check the power steering fluid level in your 1996 Fiat Bravo. Checking the power steering fluid level in your Bravo is relatively easy and should be done once a month or if you are experienced difficulty turning the wheel or steering your Bravo. Your Bravo should be parked on a level surface and your 1.4 liter engine should be cold to the touch.
If the power steering fluid level in your Bravo is low, fill it up to the maximum line with power steering fluid and check it again in a week to determine if you have a leak. The power steering fluid reservoir will typically have a symbol of a steering wheel on the cap. Likewise, if your Bravo has electric power steering, you may see a steering wheel picture with an explanation point next to it on your dashboard to indicate power steering problems.
Hans Angermeier is an ASE certified Maintenance and Light Repair Technician and has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road. Over the past 10 years, Hans has been focused on building CarCareKiosk, which is visited by millions of drivers each month.
If your brake fluid is a little low, learn how to add some here. Ignoring a low level leads to big problems
Don't send mixed signals - if your turn signal doesn't blink, or blinks rapidly, you likely have a burnt out bulb
Did you know that the sun wears out wiper blades faster than rain? Replace your blades twice a year
Did you know that heat is worse for your battery than cold? Replace it every 4 years