1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Remove Bulb - Steps to remove a burnt out bulb
4. Helpful Hints - How to find replacement bulb type and other hints
5. Replace Bulb - Procedures to replace the new bulb
6. More Info. - Additional information on changing parking lights
The video above shows you how to change the parking light bulb in your 1997 Fiat Punto. The parking light is typically orange in color and in some Puntos is the same bulb as the turn signal. The parking light bulb grows dimmer over time and we recommend that you change both bulbs on your Punto at the same time, even if only one is burnt out. It is possible for the turn signal portion of the bulb to burn out and for the parking light to continue to function properly and vice versa - replacing the bulb will restore functionality of both in your Punto.
When changing the parking light in your Punto, be careful not to touch the glass part of the new bulb with your finger as this will cause it to burn out quicker. We recommend using gloves or a piece of paper towel to limit the potential of touching the bulb.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
If your car is leaking a small amount of power steering fluid - see this video on how to fix the leak
Learning how to jump your car before you need to is an excellent idea
The burnt out tail light: classic reason for a cop to pull you over - change yours now
See how to seal up minor power steering fluid leaks