1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Set Up Paper - Position paper and mark wheels
3. Assess Leak - How to see if power steering fluid is leaking
4. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
5. Find Reservoir - Locate the power steering fluid reservoir
6. Check Level - Determine the power steering fluid level
7. Fix Minor Leaks - Easy way to tackle minor power steering leaks
8. Replace Cap - Secure the power steering fluid cap back in place
9. More Info. - Additional information on minor leaks
This video shows you how to fix minor power steering fluid leaks in your 2001 Dodge Caravan. Correct power steering fluid levels help make your Caravan easier to turn, especially at lower speeds. Watch our What is Leaking? video to help determine the type of fluid leaking from your Caravan if you are unsure. Power steering fluid is typically clear, pink or red in color and is oily to the touch. If the steering wheel is difficult to turn or you noticed power steering fluid leaking from your Caravan, watch the video above to see where the power steering fluid reservoir in your 2001 Caravan is located and how to fix minor power steering fluid leaks.
A small power steering fluid leak can make your Caravan hard to turn. When you check your power steering fluid level, make sure your Caravan is parked on a level surface with the 2.4 liter engine turned off in order to get an accurate reading. We recommend wearing safety glasses and gloves when dealing with any engine fluids, including power steering fluid.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
Don't send mixed signals - if your turn signal doesn't blink, or blinks rapidly, you likely have a burnt out bulb
Is the clock in your car ahead or behind? Learn how to set it here!
Replacing a dirty air filter can improve gas mileage by up to 4%. Isn't efficiency great?
Burnt out brake lights increase your chance of getting rear ended - check and change yours today