1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Set Up Paper - Position paper and mark wheels
3. Assess Leak - How to determine if the leaking fluid is coolant
4. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
5. Find Reservoir - Locate the coolant reservoir and clean it
6. Check Level - Determine the coolant level
7. Fix Minor Leaks - Easy way to tackle minor coolant leaks
8. Replace Cap - Secure the coolant reservoir cap
9. More Info. - Additional information on minor coolant leaks
Follow the steps in this video to see how to fix minor coolant (antifreeze) leaks in your 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe. Leaking coolant is one of the more common types of fluid leaks on Santa Fes. Engine coolant (which is also called antifreeze or anti-freeze) moves through the inside of your Santa Fe's engine and keeps it from overheating. Coolant can leak from the reservoir or from the hoses, in 2001 Santa Fes with the 2.4 liter engine, coolant leaks are most likely to occur where the hoses connect to the engine. The video above shows you where the coolant reservoir, hoses and connections on your 2001 Santa Fe GL are located and the steps needed to fix minor leaks.
A few things to note about coolant is that it is sweet tasting and highly toxic, so it can end up in the dog's stomach pretty quickly. If you ignore a small coolant leak long enough, you will run out of coolant, which leads to an overheated engine and other serious, but highly avoidable, problems. In many 2001 Santa Fes, an anti-freeze leak can cause the temp sensor to record high engine temperatures. Always protect yourself with safety glasses and gloves when working with the coolant on your Santa Fe.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
If you have an electrical component that doesn't work, try replacing the fuse first
Help keep your car as responsive as you are by maintaining proper power steering fluid levels
On many cars, the high beam bulb runs at reduced power during the day - check 'em and change 'em!
Learn how to diagnose and fix minor oil leaks in your car