1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Set Up Paper - Position paper and mark wheels
3. Assess Leak - How to determine if the leaking fluid is oil
4. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
5. Remove Dipstick - Remove the oil dipstick to check oil level
6. Read Oil Level - Accurately read the oil level
7. Remove Oil Cap - Take off the oil fill cap
8. Fix Minor Leaks - Easy way to tackle minor oil leaks
9. Replace Cap - Secure the oil fill cap back in place
10. More Info. - Additional information on minor oil leaks
In the video above, we show you how to fix minor oil leaks in your 2002 Citroen Saxo. We will show you specifically how to determine if the fluid leaking from your Saxo is oil, check your oil level and fix the oil leak using stop leak. Extremely low oil levels can critically damage your engine, so it is important to be proactive about oil leaks, however small. Oil leaks in the 2002 Saxos with the 1.1 liter engine are often due to a bad seal in the drain plug - the metal washer in your drain plug can only be tightened a few times before it loses its ability to seal and should be replaced periodically to prevent leaking. Replacing the metal washer should only be done when you change the oil in your Saxo, fortunately the video above shows how to fix the minor leak in the interim.
Fixing minor oil leaks is fairly straightforward, but first, make sure that your engine is cold and that your Saxo is parked on a level surface when you check the oil level as both of these things can cause the oil level to read low. Check our What is Leaking? video to see what type of fluid is leaking from your Saxo if you are unsure.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
Got a short fuse? Don't blow a fuse, change it!
The rear wiper that you forgot you had until it streaks horrifically on a rainy day? Change it now!
Power steering fluid is easy to check and many people (mechanics included) often forget about - learn how here
One of the easiest fluids to top off - learn how to open the hood and where the reservoir is on your car