1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Access Battery - Learn where the battery is located
4. Remove Cables - How to disconnect the cables the right way
5. Clean Cables - Clean with baking soda, water and a wire brush
6. Connect Cables - Re-connect the cables in the right order
7. Replace Cover - Ensure the cover is put back properly
8. More Info. - Additional thoughts on corrosion prevention
If the battery in your 2004 Citroen C3 has crusty white or green build-up and corrosion on the clamps, posts or terminals, you can improve the performance and lifespan of your battery significantly by cleaning it. Your battery is depleted when it is used to start the car, but then recharged when you drive your C3, the corrosion limits the ability for your C3 to recharge the battery when driving. The video above will show you the correct order to safely remove the battery clamps in your C3 and what to use to clean your battery terminals and clamps. We will also show you a tip for preventing this buildup in the future so the battery in your C3 will be optimally charged whenever you drive it!
Car batteries contain dangerous and flammable fluids. Always use safety glasses and gloves whenever working with the battery. Check out our parts page for great deals and coupons on safety glasses, gloves and battery terminal brushes for your C3!
Hans Angermeier is an ASE certified Maintenance and Light Repair Technician and has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road. Over the past 10 years, Hans has been focused on building CarCareKiosk, which is visited by millions of drivers each month.
If you are leaking oil and parking on your oil spots each night, the oil is breaking down your tires' rubber
Where is the jack location, jack points and other tips on jacking up a vehicle
Burnt out brake lights increase your chance of getting rear ended - check and change yours today