1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Remove Filter - All of the steps needed to remove the air filter
4. Assess Filter - Determine if your old filter needs replacement
5. Replace Filter - Insert the filter and put everything back in place
6. More Info. - Additional thoughts on checking the filter
The engine air filter in your 2004 Peugeot 206 cleans the air that enters your engine. Checking and replacing the air cleaner in your 2004 206 at least once a year will help you get better gas mileage. A dirty air filter will cause your 206 to lose 1 - 3 mpg; depending on your driving, you can improve your fuel economy and save 70 - 100 gallons of gas per year simply by changing your filter regularly. The video above, shows you where the engine air filter is located in your 206 and how to check it!
In addition to improving the fuel economy of your 206, replacing your air filter will improve the performance of your engine. These filters are fairly inexpensive, so check out our parts page for great deals and coupons on a new one (tip: buy several air filters for your 2004 206 so you can easily replace it with a new one if it is dirty.)
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
There's no reason to check the washer fluid level without adding some - see how to do it here!
If your car blows hot air when your air conditioner is turned on, try recharging the freon first
Don't be caught in the fog with burnt out fog light bulbs
You love your kids right? See how to properly secure their car seat.