1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Find Reservoir - Locate the coolant reservoir and clean it
4. Check Level - Determine the coolant level
5. Add Coolant - Determine coolant type and add fluid properly
6. Replace Cap - Secure the coolant reservoir cap
7. Assess Hoses - Tips for how to assess the condition of the hoses
8. More Info. - Additional information on coolant levels
Checking the engine coolant (also known as antifreeze) level in your 2006 Fiat Seicento is pretty easy. In order to get an accurate reading, your 1.1 liter engine should be cool to the touch when you check it. Engine coolant circulates through your engine to keep it cool in the summer but won't freeze in the winter. The video above shows you where the coolant reservoir in your Seicento is located and how to check the coolant level. If you need to add anti-freeze, be sure to check your owners manual to determine the correct type of coolant to add - in Fiats, it usually located in a section titled Fluid Capacities towards the end of your manual. See our video on how to add engine coolant for tips on adding coolant to your Seicento.
Always wear safety goggles when working on your Seicento. Taking off the coolant reservoir cap on a warm engine could cause the cap to up explosively and fluid to spray out of the reservoir. If you notice an oily surface in your coolant, immediately have your mechanic inspect your Seicento for head gasket leakage.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
Stop! Checking your brake fluid from time to time is a great way to ensure safe stopping
Driving with your phone pressed against your ear is illegal in many places. See how to talk hands free!
Properly inflated tires is the easiest way to improve fuel economy. The right tire pressure is NOT on the side of your tire btw
If your car blows hot air when your air conditioner is turned on, try recharging the freon first