1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Set Up Paper - Position paper and mark wheels
3. Assess Leak - How to determine if the leaking fluid is oil
4. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
5. Remove Dipstick - Locate, remove and wipe oil dipstick
6. Read Oil Level - Reinsert dipstick, remove and then read oil level
7. Replace Cap - Take off the oil fill cap
8. Fix Minor Leaks - Easy way to tackle minor oil leaks
9. Replace Cap - Put the oil fill cap back on the engine
10. More Info. - Additional information on minor oil leaks
Hans Angermeier is an ASE certified Maintenance and Light Repair Technician and has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road. Over the past 10 years, Hans has been focused on building CarCareKiosk, which is visited by millions of drivers each month.
Checking the oil in a Azera is fairly easy and should be done once a month. Note that most Hyundai have an oil pressure gauge next to the speedometer - this gauge does not tell you what your oil level is, however the video above will show you how check the oil level in your 2007 Hyundai Azera. Make sure your engine is cold when you check the oil in your Azera. Otherwise the dipstick will read slightly low. In addition to checking the oil level, you also want to look at the condition of the oil when you have the dipstick out. If the oil in your Azera is dirty or smells like gasoline, you probably need an oil change.
If you notice that the oil level in your Azera is extremely low or empty, fill it up and check it again the next time you drive. If it is extremely low again, have your mechanic take a look before driving it much more. Your Azera may have an oil pan leak - this is the gasket that sits between the oil pan and the bottom of the engine. The oil leak repair cost for an oil gasket leak can vary depending on how accessible the oil pan is in your Azera.
Flushing the coolant in your car is not that hard and will extend the life of your engine tremendously - learn how here!
Don't be the guy with your third brake light burnt out
On many cars, the high beam bulb runs at reduced power during the day - check 'em and change 'em!
There's no reason to check the washer fluid level without adding some - see how to do it here!