1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Find Reservoir - Locate the power steering fluid reservoir
4. Check Level - Determine the power steering fluid level
5. Checking Tips - Tips on reading the power steering fluid levels
6. Replace Cap - Secure the power steering fluid cap back in place
7. More Info. - Additional information on power steering fluid
The video above shows you the steps needed to check the power steering fluid level in your 2009 Hummer H3. Checking the power steering fluid level in your H3 is relatively easy and should be done once a month or if you are experienced difficulty turning the wheel or steering your H3. Your H3 should be parked on a level surface and your 3.7 liter engine should be cold to the touch.
If the power steering fluid level in your H3 is low, fill it up to the maximum line with power steering fluid and check it again in a week to determine if you have a leak.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
Carmakers are hiding interior fuse boxes all over the place these days - see how to check your interior fuses here!
A check engine light can be cleared with a simple fix or it could be a major problem - find out now!
Coolant hoses wear out over time and need to be replaced - check 'em early and often
Don't be the guy with your third brake light burnt out