1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Set Up Paper - Position paper and mark wheels
3. Assess Leak - How to see if power steering fluid is leaking
4. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
5. Find Reservoir - Locate the power steering fluid reservoir
6. Check Level - Determine the power steering fluid level
7. Fix Minor Leaks - Easy way to tackle minor power steering leaks
8. Replace Cap - Secure the power steering fluid cap back in place
9. More Info. - Additional information on minor leaks
Watch the video above to see how to fix minor power steering fluid leaks in your 2009 Infiniti G37. The power steering fluid helps make your G37 easier to turn, especially at lower speeds. If you aren't sure what type of fluid is leaking from your car, check our What is Leaking? video to help determine the type of fluid leaking from your G37. Power steering fluid is generally clear, pink or red and is oily to the touch. If the steering wheel is difficult to turn or you noticed power steering fluid leaking from your G37, use the video above to see where the power steering fluid reservoir in your 2009 G37 is located and how to fix minor power steering fluid leaks.
A small power steering fluid leak can make your G37 difficult to turn. When you check your power steering fluid level, make sure your G37 is parked on a level surface with the 3.7 liter engine turned off. We recommend wearing safety glasses and gloves when dealing with any engine fluids.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
The best way to fix leaking hoses is to replace them, but if you don't have time, a stop leak product might work for you
Help keep your car as responsive as you are by maintaining proper power steering fluid levels
Do you ever get into your friend's car and notice a bad smell? A dirty cabin air filter could be the culprit
On many cars, the high beam bulb runs at reduced power during the day - check 'em and change 'em!