1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Find Reservoir - Locate the windshield washer fluid reservoir
4. Check Fluid - Check and fill up the washer fluid reservoir
5. Replace Cap - Put the cap back in place
6. More Info. - Additional information on washer fluid
Checking the windshield washer fluid level in your 2011 BMW X3 is a fairly straightforward process. You will see where the window washer fluid bottle is located in your X3, how to remove the reservoir cap and determine whether you need to add fluid in the video above. You can always add windshield washer fluid to your X3 if you are unsure whether it needs it, unlike oil or transmission fluid, it is impossible to overfill.
Hans Angermeier is an ASE certified Maintenance and Light Repair Technician and has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road. Over the past 10 years, Hans has been focused on building CarCareKiosk, which is visited by millions of drivers each month.
Learn where your air filter is located and how to determine if it needs to be changed.
The best way to fix leaking hoses is to replace them, but if you don't have time, a stop leak product might work for you
Replacing a dirty air filter can improve gas mileage by up to 4%. Isn't efficiency great?
Sure you can take it in for a $19 lube, but are you OK with a stripped oil pan and cheap parts in return?