1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Remove Filter - All of the steps needed to remove the air filter
4. Assess Filter - Determine if your old filter needs replacement
5. Replace Filter - Insert the filter and put everything back in place
6. More Info. - Additional thoughts on checking the filter
The engine air filter in your 2012 Infiniti G25 cleans the air that enters your engine. Checking and replacing the air cleaner in your 2012 G25 at least once a year will help you get better gas mileage. A dirty air filter will cause your G25 to lose 1 - 3 mpg; depending on your driving, you can improve your fuel economy and save 70 - 100 gallons of gas per year simply by changing your filter regularly. The video above, shows you where the engine air filter is located in your G25 and how to check it!
In addition to improving the fuel economy of your G25, replacing your air filter will improve the performance of your engine. These filters are fairly inexpensive, so check out our parts page for great deals and coupons on a new one (tip: buy several air filters for your 2012 G25 so you can easily replace it with a new one if it is dirty.)
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
Coolant hoses wear out over time and need to be replaced - check 'em early and often
Power steering fluid is easy to check and many people (mechanics included) often forget about - learn how here
Want an easy way to save $500? Rotate your tires at least three times per year
Driving with your phone pressed against your ear is illegal in many places. See how to talk hands free!