1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Access Battery - Learn where the battery is located
4. Remove Cables - How to disconnect the cables the right way
5. Clean Cables - Clean with baking soda, water and a wire brush
6. Connect Cables - Re-connect the cables in the right order
7. Replace Cover - Ensure the cover is put back properly
8. More Info. - Additional thoughts on corrosion prevention
If the battery in your 2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe has crusty white or green build-up and corrosion on the clamps, posts or terminals, you can improve the performance and lifespan of your battery significantly by cleaning it. Your battery is depleted when it is used to start the car, but then recharged when you drive your Elantra Coupe, the corrosion limits the ability for your Elantra Coupe to recharge the battery when driving. The video above will show you the correct order to safely remove the battery clamps in your Elantra Coupe and what to use to clean your battery terminals and clamps. We will also show you a tip for preventing this buildup in the future so the battery in your Elantra Coupe will be optimally charged whenever you drive it!
Car batteries contain dangerous and flammable fluids. Always use safety glasses and gloves whenever working with the battery. Check out our parts page for great deals and coupons on safety glasses, gloves and battery terminal brushes for your Elantra Coupe!
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
White light when you back up - yup, they burn out and you can replace them with bright LEDs
DRLs are on more than your headlights. They burn out faster and should be replaced regularly
There's no reason to check the washer fluid level without adding some - see how to do it here!
Many cars will burn or leak a little bit of oil. Over time, this adds up and you might need to add some - learn how to here!