1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Find Reservoir - Locate the power steering fluid reservoir
4. Check Level - Determine the power steering fluid level
5. Checking Tips - Tips on reading the power steering fluid levels
6. Replace Cap - Secure the power steering fluid cap back in place
7. More Info. - Additional information on power steering fluid
The video above shows you the steps needed to check the power steering fluid level in your 2015 GMC Sierra 2500 HD. Checking the power steering fluid level in your Sierra 2500 HD is relatively easy and should be done once a month or if you are experienced difficulty turning the wheel or steering your Sierra 2500 HD. Your Sierra 2500 HD should be parked on a level surface and your 6.0 liter engine should be cold to the touch.
If the power steering fluid level in your Sierra 2500 HD is low, fill it up to the maximum line with power steering fluid and check it again in a week to determine if you have a leak.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
Transmissions that leak fluid usually have never been flushed and the seal is finally leaking. The right stop leak product can cure a lot
The best way to fix leaking hoses is to replace them, but if you don't have time, a stop leak product might work for you
White light when you back up - yup, they burn out and you can replace them with bright LEDs
Learning how to jump your car before you need to is an excellent idea