1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Find Reservoir - Locate the power steering fluid reservoir
4. Check Level - Determine the power steering fluid level
5. Checking Tips - Tips on reading the power steering fluid levels
6. Replace Cap - Secure the power steering fluid cap back in place
7. More Info. - Additional information on power steering fluid
The video above shows you the steps needed to check the power steering fluid level in your 2015 Infiniti Q40. Checking the power steering fluid level in your Q40 is relatively easy and should be done once a month or if you are experienced difficulty turning the wheel or steering your Q40. Your Q40 should be parked on a level surface and your 3.7 liter engine should be cold to the touch.
If the power steering fluid level in your Q40 is low, fill it up to the maximum line with power steering fluid and check it again in a week to determine if you have a leak.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
There's no reason to check the washer fluid level without adding some - see how to do it here!
A check engine light can be cleared with a simple fix or it could be a major problem - find out now!
Learning how to jump your car before you need to is an excellent idea
If your battery has green or white cruddy deposits, it is probably not getting enough juice from and will likely wear out sooner