1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Find Reservoir - Locate the power steering fluid reservoir
4. Check Level - Determine the power steering fluid level
5. Checking Tips - Tips on reading the power steering fluid levels
6. Replace Cap - Secure the power steering fluid cap back in place
7. More Info. - Additional information on power steering fluid
The video above shows you the steps needed to check the power steering fluid level in your 2015 Infiniti Q40. Checking the power steering fluid level in your Q40 is relatively easy and should be done once a month or if you are experienced difficulty turning the wheel or steering your Q40. Your Q40 should be parked on a level surface and your 3.7 liter engine should be cold to the touch.
If the power steering fluid level in your Q40 is low, fill it up to the maximum line with power steering fluid and check it again in a week to determine if you have a leak.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
Carmakers are hiding interior fuse boxes all over the place these days - see how to check your interior fuses here!
Learn where your spare tire and jack are located before you need it on the side of the road
If you are leaking oil and parking on your oil spots each night, the oil is breaking down your tires' rubber
Dirty cabin air filter cause undue wear on your car's heater and AC and can cause bad odors