1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Remove Dipstick - Access point for transmission fluid
4. Check Level - Insert dipstick and pull it out to determine level
5. Add Fluid - Determine correct fluid type and add fluid
6. Replace Dipstick - Put the dipstick / cap back in place
7. More Info. - Additional information on checking trans. fluid levels
The engine in your 2016 Acura ILX should be running when you perform a transmission fluid level check, otherwise it will be inaccurate. The video above shows where the transmission fluid dipstick is located in your ILX and how to check the transmission fluid level. If the transmission fluid level in your ILX is low, you need to add transmission fluid through the dipstick tube. When adding transmission fluid to your ILX, be sure to add it slowly as it will fill up quickly and is difficult to remove excess fluid if you overfill.
If you are having problems with the transmission in your ILX, such as clunky shifting or hesitation, check the fluid level first - it is amazing how many drivers pay thousands of dollars for transmission work when a half quart of transmission fluid would have fixed the problem.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
Don't be caught in the fog with burnt out fog light bulbs
Don't send mixed signals - if your turn signal doesn't blink, or blinks rapidly, you likely have a burnt out bulb
Learn where your air filter is located and how to determine if it needs to be changed.
Leaking coolant is usually a sign that your water pump needs to be replaced. This video shows you how to quickly plug it