1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Find Reservoir - Locate the power steering fluid reservoir
4. Check Level - Determine the power steering fluid level
5. Checking Tips - Tips on reading the power steering fluid levels
6. Replace Cap - Secure the power steering fluid cap back in place
7. More Info. - Additional information on power steering fluid
The video above shows you the steps needed to check the power steering fluid level in your 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue. Checking the power steering fluid level in your Intrigue is relatively easy and should be done once a month or if you are experienced difficulty turning the wheel or steering your Intrigue. Your Intrigue should be parked on a level surface and your 3.8 liter engine should be cold to the touch.
If the power steering fluid level in your Intrigue is low, fill it up to the maximum line with power steering fluid and check it again in a week to determine if you have a leak.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
Properly inflated tires is the easiest way to improve fuel economy. The right tire pressure is NOT on the side of your tire btw
If you are leaking oil and parking on your oil spots each night, the oil is breaking down your tires' rubber
If your transmission is running low on fluid, be sure to add some - find out how to do this here!
Cars burn, leak and otherwise dispense of their oil. Check your level frequently and top up when necessary