1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Access Battery - Learn where the battery is located
4. Remove Cables - How to disconnect the cables the right way
5. Clean Cables - Clean with baking soda, water and a wire brush
6. Connect Cables - Re-connect the cables in the right order
7. More Info. - Additional thoughts on corrosion prevention
If the battery in your 1999 Acura CL has crusty white or green build-up and corrosion on the clamps, posts or terminals, you can improve the performance and lifespan of your battery significantly by cleaning it. Your battery is depleted when it is used to start the car, but then recharged when you drive your CL, the corrosion limits the ability for your CL to recharge the battery when driving. The video above will show you the correct order to safely remove the battery clamps in your CL and what to use to clean your battery terminals and clamps. We will also show you a tip for preventing this buildup in the future so the battery in your CL will be optimally charged whenever you drive it!
Car batteries contain dangerous and flammable fluids. Always use safety glasses and gloves whenever working with the battery. Check out our parts page for great deals and coupons on safety glasses, gloves and battery terminal brushes for your CL!
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
If your transmission is running low on fluid, be sure to add some - find out how to do this here!
The burnt out tail light: classic reason for a cop to pull you over - change yours now
Help keep your car as responsive as you are by maintaining proper power steering fluid levels
There's no reason to check the washer fluid level without adding some - see how to do it here!