1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Set Up Paper - Position paper and mark wheels
3. Assess Leak - How to see if power steering fluid is leaking
4. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
5. Find Reservoir - Locate the power steering fluid reservoir
6. Check Level - Determine the power steering fluid level
7. Fix Minor Leaks - Easy way to tackle minor power steering leaks
8. Replace Cap - Secure the power steering fluid cap back in place
9. More Info. - Additional information on minor leaks
This video shows you how to fix minor power steering fluid leaks in your 1999 Cadillac Catera. Correct power steering fluid levels help make your Catera easier to turn, especially at lower speeds. Watch our What is Leaking? video to help determine the type of fluid leaking from your Catera if you are unsure. Power steering fluid is typically clear, pink or red in color and is oily to the touch. If the steering wheel is difficult to turn or you noticed power steering fluid leaking from your Catera, watch the video above to see where the power steering fluid reservoir in your 1999 Catera is located and how to fix minor power steering fluid leaks.
A small power steering fluid leak can make your Catera hard to turn. When you check your power steering fluid level, make sure your Catera is parked on a level surface with the 3.0 liter engine turned off in order to get an accurate reading. We recommend wearing safety glasses and gloves when dealing with any engine fluids, including power steering fluid.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
The burnt out tail light: classic reason for a cop to pull you over - change yours now
DRLs are on more than your headlights. They burn out faster and should be replaced regularly
If your blinker doesn't blink, or blinks rapidly, you likely have a burnt out bulb
You love your kids right? See how to properly secure their car seat.