1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Find Reservoir Location - Locate the windshield washer fluid reservoir
4. Check Fluid - Check and fill up the washer fluid reservoir
5. Replace Cap - Put the cap back in place
6. More Info. - Additional information on washer fluid
Hans Angermeier is an ASE certified Maintenance and Light Repair Technician and has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road. Over the past 10 years, Hans has been focused on building CarCareKiosk, which is visited by millions of drivers each month.
Checking the windshield washer fluid level in your 1999 Mercury Sable is a fairly straightforward process. You will see where the window washer fluid bottle is located in your Sable, how to remove the reservoir cap and determine whether you need to add fluid in the video above. You can always add windshield washer fluid to your Sable if you are unsure whether it needs it, unlike oil or transmission fluid, it is impossible to overfill.
Leaking coolant is usually a sign that your water pump needs to be replaced. This video shows you how to quickly plug it
Did you know that heat is worse for your battery than cold? Replace it every 4 years
Learning how to jump your car before you need to is an excellent idea
Transmissions that leak fluid usually have never been flushed and the seal is finally leaking. The right stop leak product can cure a lot