1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Remove Bulb - Steps to remove a burnt out bulb
4. Helpful Hints - How to find replacement bulb type and other hints
5. Replace Bulb - Procedures to replace the new bulb
6. More Info. - Additional information on fog lights
The video above shows how to change the fog light bulb in your 2002 Ford Focus. Not all models have fog lights - for many Fords, it depends on your trim level (ZX3) or whether the fog light option was ordered when your Focus was manufactured. Fog lights are typically in the front bumper, below the headlight cluster and are helpful in poor visibility. If one fog light is burnt out on your Focus, we recommend changing both bulbs because the working bulb will be dimmer than the one you replaced and will likely burn out soon anyway.
When you change the foglight on your Focus, be careful not touch the glass part of the bulb with your fingers which causes the bulb to burn out earlier.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
Flushing the coolant in your car is not that hard and will extend the life of your engine tremendously - learn how here!
Is the clock in your car ahead or behind? Learn how to set it here!
If your transmission is running low on fluid, be sure to add some - find out how to do this here!
A check engine light can be cleared with a simple fix or it could be a major problem - find out now!