1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Set Up Paper - Position paper and mark wheels
3. Assess Leak - How to see if power steering fluid is leaking
4. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
5. Find Reservoir - Locate the power steering fluid reservoir
6. Check Level - Determine the power steering fluid level
7. Fix Minor Leaks - Easy way to tackle minor power steering leaks
8. Replace Cap - Secure the power steering fluid cap back in place
9. More Info. - Additional information on minor leaks
Watch the video above to see how to fix minor power steering fluid leaks in your 2004 Audi A6. The power steering fluid helps make your A6 easier to turn, especially at lower speeds. If you aren't sure what type of fluid is leaking from your car, check our What is Leaking? video to help determine the type of fluid leaking from your A6. Power steering fluid is generally clear, pink or red and is oily to the touch. If the steering wheel is difficult to turn or you noticed power steering fluid leaking from your A6, use the video above to see where the power steering fluid reservoir in your 2004 A6 is located and how to fix minor power steering fluid leaks.
A small power steering fluid leak can make your A6 difficult to turn. When you check your power steering fluid level, make sure your A6 is parked on a level surface with the 3.0 liter engine turned off. We recommend wearing safety glasses and gloves when dealing with any engine fluids.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
There's no reason to check the washer fluid level without adding some - see how to do it here!
DRLs are on more than your headlights. They burn out faster and should be replaced regularly
A check engine light can be cleared with a simple fix or it could be a major problem - find out now!
Carmakers are hiding interior fuse boxes all over the place these days - see how to check your interior fuses here!