1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Find Jack Kit - Locate all of the components for your jack kit
3. Access Spare - Locate and remove the spare tire
4. Pre-Jack List - Things to do before jacking up your vehicle
5. Check Pattern - Determine the proper rotation pattern
6. Position Jack - Assemble components and position jack
7. Rotate 1st Wheel - Raise vehicle and rotate the first wheel
8. Other Wheels - Rotate the remaining wheels
9. Replace Spare - Put the spare tire back in place
10. Replace Jack - Secure jack kit components back in place
11. Check Pressure - Find the correct tire pressure for your vehicle
12. More Info. - How to increase and decrease the tire pressure
Rotating the tires every 6,000 miles will improve your tire life by up to 20% and is fairly easy to do yourself. The video above shows you how to rotate the tires on your 2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse without requiring any special tools. When you rotate the tires on your Eclipse, check for unusual wear on the treads. If one side of the tire is more worn than the other, then you should have your wheels aligned by a professional. If the center of the tire has more wear, check your tire pressure as your tires are likely over-inflated. If both edges of your tires have more wear, your tires are likely underinflated.
While following the instructions provided in your Eclipse's owners manual and in this video will help minimize the risk of injury. The best way to avoid injury is to never get under your vehicle while it is jacked up.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
DRLs are on more than your headlights. They burn out faster and should be replaced regularly
Low coolant levels is all to common - top yours up today
If your car is leaking a small amount of power steering fluid - see this video on how to fix the leak
Power steering fluid is easy to check and many people (mechanics included) often forget about - learn how here