1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Remove Dipstick - Access point for transmission fluid
4. Check Level - Insert dipstick and pull it out to determine level
5. Add Fluid - Determine correct fluid type and add fluid
6. Replace Dipstick - Put the dipstick / cap back in place
7. More Info. - Additional information on checking trans. fluid levels
The engine in your 2005 Scion xB should be running when you perform a transmission fluid level check, otherwise it will be inaccurate. The video above shows where the transmission fluid dipstick is located in your xB and how to check the transmission fluid level. If the transmission fluid level in your xB is low, you need to add transmission fluid through the dipstick tube. When adding transmission fluid to your xB, be sure to add it slowly as it will fill up quickly and is difficult to remove excess fluid if you overfill.
If you are having problems with the transmission in your xB, such as clunky shifting or hesitation, check the fluid level first - it is amazing how many drivers pay thousands of dollars for transmission work when a half quart of transmission fluid would have fixed the problem.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
If your blinker doesn't blink, or blinks rapidly, you likely have a burnt out bulb
Properly inflated tires is the easiest way to improve fuel economy. The right tire pressure is NOT on the side of your tire btw
Coolant hoses wear out over time and need to be replaced - check 'em early and often
The rear wiper that you forgot you had until it streaks horrifically on a rainy day? Change it now!