1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Assess Leak - How to determine if the leaking fluid is coolant
3. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
4. Find Reservoir - Locate the coolant reservoir and clean it
5. Check Level - How to determine the coolant level
6. Fix Minor Leaks - Easy way to tackle minor coolant leaks
7. Replace Cap - Secure the coolant reservoir cap
8. More Info. - Additional information on minor coolant leaks
The video above shows to fix minor leaks in the coolant hoses in your 2006 Mercury Milan. The hoses carry engine coolant (which is also known as antifreeze or anti-freeze) through your engine and will eventually wear out. You can avoid getting stranded by identifying signs of extreme wear before they break and fixing minor leaks promptly. In 2006 Milans with the 3.0 liter engine, coolant leaks are most likely to occur where the hoses connect to the engine, but it can also leak from the reservoir or from the hoses. In addition to looking for cracks, analyze the brittleness or squishiness of the hoses in your Milan - if the hoses are hard to squeeze or squeeze very easily, it's time to replace them. The video above shows you where coolant hoses and coolant reservoir on your 2006 Milan Premier are located and the steps needed to first minor leaks.
Never attempt to replace a hose that is connected to the air conditioner in your Milan - these hoses contain refrigerant that is under pressure and can blind you. AC problems are always best left to your professional mechanic.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
Don't be caught in the fog with burnt out fog light bulbs
The burnt out tail light: classic reason for a cop to pull you over - change yours now
On many cars, the high beam bulb runs at reduced power during the day - check 'em and change 'em!
Coolant hoses wear out over time and need to be replaced - check 'em early and often