1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Find Reservoir - Locate the power steering fluid reservoir
4. Check Level - Determine the power steering fluid level
5. Add Fluid - Determine power steering fluid type and add fluid
6. Replace Cap - Secure the power steering fluid cap back in place
7. More Info. - Additional information on power steering fluid
Is your Impala hard to turn? You might need to add power steering fluid - this video shows you how to correctly add power steering fluid to your 2008 Chevrolet Impala. Adding power steering fluid to your Impala is easy and should be done whenever your power steering fluid is low. Before adding power steering fluid, be sure to check your owners manual to determine what type of power steering fluid to add to your Impala. This information will typically be located in the back of the manual in a section title fluid capacities and specifications.
In a few days, check the power steering fluid level in your Impala to make sure you don't have a leak. If you notice the power steering fluid level is low, see our how to fix minor power steering fluid leaks video.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
Learning how to jump your car before you need to is an excellent idea
Avoid tickets and accidents with both working headlights! New bulbs are much brighter too
Did you know that the sun wears out wiper blades faster than rain? Replace your blades twice a year
See how to seal up minor power steering fluid leaks