1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Find Reservoir - Locate the power steering fluid reservoir
4. Check Level - Determine the power steering fluid level
5. Checking Tips - Tips on reading the power steering fluid levels
6. Replace Cap - Secure the power steering fluid cap back in place
7. More Info. - Additional information on power steering fluid
The video above shows you the steps needed to check the power steering fluid level in your 2008 Honda Accord. Checking the power steering fluid level in your Accord is relatively easy and should be done once a month or if you are experienced difficulty turning the wheel or steering your Accord. Your Accord should be parked on a level surface and your 3.5 liter engine should be cold to the touch.
If the power steering fluid level in your Accord is low, fill it up to the maximum line with power steering fluid and check it again in a week to determine if you have a leak. The power steering fluid reservoir will typically have a symbol of a steering wheel on the cap. Likewise, if your Accord has electric power steering, you may see a steering wheel picture with an explanation point next to it on your dashboard to indicate power steering problems.
Hans Angermeier is an ASE certified Maintenance and Light Repair Technician and has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road. Over the past 10 years, Hans has been focused on building CarCareKiosk, which is visited by millions of drivers each month.
Did you know that heat is worse for your battery than cold? Replace it every 4 years
A check engine light can be cleared with a simple fix or it could be a major problem - find out now!
Coolant hoses wear out over time and need to be replaced - check 'em early and often
If your battery has green or white cruddy deposits, it is probably not getting enough juice from and will likely wear out sooner