1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Find Jack Kit - Locate all of the components for your jack kit
3. Access Spare - Locate and remove the spare tire
4. Pre-Jack List - Things to do before jacking up vehicle
5. Position Jack - Assemble components and position jack
6. Raise Vehicle - Use the jack to safely raise the vehicle
7. Replace Jack - Secure jack kit components back in place
8. Flat Tire Tips - Tips on dealing with a flat tire
9. More Info. - Additional information on flat tires
The video above shows you how to change a flat tire in your 2008 Scion xD. Make sure you are in a safe area that is level and free of traffic before attempting to fix a flat tire. This video shows you where the spare tire, jack and jack kit is located in your xD how to assemble the components of the jack kit, how to replace the flat tire for your spare tire and safety precautions to take when using your jack. Most Scion jack kits include the jack, a jack handle and a lug nut wrench.
While following the instructions provided in your xD's owners manual and in this video will help minimize the risk of injury. The best way to avoid injury is to never get under your vehicle while it is jacked up. Remember also, that even if your car is jacked up properly, another car could hit it and knock it over; therefore, be sure to give careful consideration to your environment before raising your car.
Hans Angermeier is an ASE certified Maintenance and Light Repair Technician and has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road. Over the past 10 years, Hans has been focused on building CarCareKiosk, which is visited by millions of drivers each month.
Stop! Checking your brake fluid from time to time is a great way to ensure safe stopping
Flushing the coolant in your car is not that hard and will extend the life of your engine tremendously - learn how here!
Transmissions that leak fluid usually have never been flushed and the seal is finally leaking. The right stop leak product can cure a lot
Learn where your air filter is located and how to determine if it needs to be changed.