1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Find Jack Kit - Locate all of the components for your jack kit
3. Pre-Jack List - Things to do before jacking up vehicle
4. Position Jack - Assemble components and position jack
5. Raise Vehicle - Use the jack to safely raise the vehicle
6. Replace Jack - Secure jack kit components back in place
7. Flat Tire Tips - Tips on dealing with a flat tire
8. More Info. - Additional information on flat tires
The video above shows you how to change a flat tire in your 2009 Ford Focus. Make sure you are in a safe area that is level and free of traffic before attempting to fix a flat tire. This video shows you where the spare tire, jack and jack kit is located in your Focus how to assemble the components of the jack kit, how to replace the flat tire for your spare tire and safety precautions to take when using your jack. Most Ford jack kits include the jack, a jack handle and a lug nut wrench.
While following the instructions provided in your Focus's owners manual and in this video will help minimize the risk of injury. The best way to avoid injury is to never get under your vehicle while it is jacked up. Remember also, that even if your car is jacked up properly, another car could hit it and knock it over; therefore, be sure to give careful consideration to your environment before raising your car.
Hans Angermeier is an ASE certified Maintenance and Light Repair Technician and has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road. Over the past 10 years, Hans has been focused on building CarCareKiosk, which is visited by millions of drivers each month.
Burnt out brake lights increase your chance of getting rear ended - check and change yours today
Want an easy way to save $500? Rotate your tires at least three times per year
Stop! Checking your brake fluid from time to time is a great way to ensure safe stopping
If your transmission is running low on fluid, be sure to add some - find out how to do this here!