1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Set Up Paper - Position paper and mark wheels
3. Assess Leak - How to determine if the leaking fluid is coolant
4. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
5. Find Reservoir - Locate the coolant reservoir and clean it
6. Check Level - Determine the coolant level
7. Fix Minor Leaks - Easy way to tackle minor coolant leaks
8. Replace Cap - Secure the coolant reservoir cap
9. More Info. - Additional information on minor coolant leaks
Follow the steps in this video to see how to fix minor coolant (antifreeze) leaks in your 2009 Pontiac Torrent. Leaking coolant is one of the more common types of fluid leaks on Torrents. Engine coolant (which is also called antifreeze or anti-freeze) moves through the inside of your Torrent's engine and keeps it from overheating. Coolant can leak from the reservoir or from the hoses, in 2009 Torrents with the 3.6 liter engine, coolant leaks are most likely to occur where the hoses connect to the engine. The video above shows you where the coolant reservoir, hoses and connections on your 2009 Torrent GXP are located and the steps needed to fix minor leaks.
A few things to note about coolant is that it is sweet tasting and highly toxic, so it can end up in the dog's stomach pretty quickly. If you ignore a small coolant leak long enough, you will run out of coolant, which leads to an overheated engine and other serious, but highly avoidable, problems. In many 2009 Torrents, an anti-freeze leak can cause the temp sensor to record high engine temperatures. Always protect yourself with safety glasses and gloves when working with the coolant on your Torrent.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
The burnt out tail light: classic reason for a cop to pull you over - change yours now
Low coolant levels is all to common - top yours up today
Replacing a dirty air filter can improve gas mileage by up to 4%. Isn't efficiency great?
Driving with your phone pressed against your ear is illegal in many places. See how to talk hands free!