1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Find Reservoir - Locate the power steering fluid reservoir
4. Check Level - Determine the power steering fluid level
5. Checking Tips - Tips on reading the power steering fluid levels
6. Replace Cap - Secure the power steering fluid cap back in place
7. More Info. - Additional information on power steering fluid
The video above shows you the steps needed to check the power steering fluid level in your 2009 Pontiac Torrent. Checking the power steering fluid level in your Torrent is relatively easy and should be done once a month or if you are experienced difficulty turning the wheel or steering your Torrent. Your Torrent should be parked on a level surface and your 3.6 liter engine should be cold to the touch.
If the power steering fluid level in your Torrent is low, fill it up to the maximum line with power steering fluid and check it again in a week to determine if you have a leak.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
If you are leaking oil and parking on your oil spots each night, the oil is breaking down your tires' rubber
Small bulbs that burn out regularly - did you know you can replace these with LED lights?
If your blinker doesn't blink, or blinks rapidly, you likely have a burnt out bulb
Don't be caught in the fog with burnt out fog light bulbs