1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Find Reservoir - Locate the power steering fluid reservoir
4. Check Level - Determine the power steering fluid level
5. Add Fluid - Determine power steering fluid type and add fluid
6. Replace Cap - Secure the power steering fluid cap back in place
7. More Info. - Additional information on power steering fluid
Is your Forte hard to turn? You might need to add power steering fluid - this video shows you how to correctly add power steering fluid to your 2010 Kia Forte. Adding power steering fluid to your Forte is easy and should be done whenever your power steering fluid is low. Before adding power steering fluid, be sure to check your owners manual to determine what type of power steering fluid to add to your Forte. This information will typically be located in the back of the manual in a section title fluid capacities and specifications.
In a few days, check the power steering fluid level in your Forte to make sure you don't have a leak. If you notice the power steering fluid level is low, see our how to fix minor power steering fluid leaks video.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
Avoid tickets and accidents with both working headlights! New bulbs are much brighter too
Stop! Checking your brake fluid from time to time is a great way to ensure safe stopping
Is the clock in your car ahead or behind? Learn how to set it here!
If your transmission is running low on fluid, be sure to add some - find out how to do this here!