1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Find Reservoir - Locate the power steering fluid reservoir
4. Check Level - Determine the power steering fluid level
5. Checking Tips - Tips on reading the power steering fluid levels
6. Replace Cap - Secure the power steering fluid cap back in place
7. More Info. - Additional information on power steering fluid
The video above shows you the steps needed to check the power steering fluid level in your 2010 Kia Forte. Checking the power steering fluid level in your Forte is relatively easy and should be done once a month or if you are experienced difficulty turning the wheel or steering your Forte. Your Forte should be parked on a level surface and your 2.0 liter engine should be cold to the touch.
If the power steering fluid level in your Forte is low, fill it up to the maximum line with power steering fluid and check it again in a week to determine if you have a leak.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
Learn where your spare tire and jack are located before you need it on the side of the road
Low coolant levels is all to common - top yours up today
Dirty cabin air filter cause undue wear on your car's heater and AC and can cause bad odors
Odd electrical problems that come out of nowhere can often signify a blown engine fuse - check and change yours here!