1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Access Battery - Learn where the battery is located
3. Remove Bracket - Take off the bracket that secures the battery
4. Remove Cables - How to disconnect the cables the right way
5. Clean Cables - Clean with baking soda, water and a wire brush
6. New Battery - Install new battery and prevent corrosion
7. Secure Battery - Replace the bracket to secure the new battery
8. Replace Cover - Ensure the cover is put back properly
9. More Info. - Additional thoughts on replacing the battery
The video above shows you how to replace the battery in your 2010 Porsche Panamera. We recommend changing the battery in Porsches every 4 years. Although some batteries last much longer, most batteries begin breaking down chemically after four years, so you could experience dimmer headlights and other negative effects before you have a dead battery in your Panamera that you need to replace.
Replacing the battery in your Panamera involves removing the terminals. When you reconnect the terminals, your radio presets are likely to be cleared out. In some Panameras, you may need to re-enter a security code to get your radio to work again. Check for this code in your owners manual - it will usually be either a sticker or small card in the booklet. If you can't find it, call Porsche and they will give you the code for free. In many Porsches, the transmission "learns" how you drive over time and makes adjustments, so you may experience altered driving dynamics as your car re-learns your driving style after changing the battery.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
Properly inflated tires is the easiest way to improve fuel economy. The right tire pressure is NOT on the side of your tire btw
There's no reason to check the washer fluid level without adding some - see how to do it here!
Got a short fuse? Don't blow a fuse, change it!
Learn where your air filter is located and how to determine if it needs to be changed.