1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Access Battery - Learn where the battery is located
4. Remove Bracket - Take off the bracket that secures the battery
5. Remove Cables - How to disconnect the cables the right way
6. Clean Cables - Clean with baking soda, water and a wire brush
7. New Battery - Install new battery and prevent corrosion
8. Secure Battery - Replace the bracket to secure the new battery
9. Replace Cover - Ensure the cover is put back properly
10. More Info. - Additional thoughts on replacing the battery
The video above shows you how to replace the battery in your 2011 Ford Crown Victoria. We recommend changing the battery in Fords every 4 years. Although some batteries last much longer, most batteries begin breaking down chemically after four years, so you could experience dimmer headlights and other negative effects before you have a dead battery in your Crown Victoria that you need to replace.
Replacing the battery in your Crown Victoria involves removing the terminals. When you reconnect the terminals, your radio presets are likely to be cleared out. In some Crown Victorias, you may need to re-enter a security code to get your radio to work again. Check for this code in your owners manual - it will usually be either a sticker or small card in the booklet. If you can't find it, call Ford and they will give you the code for free. In many Fords, the transmission "learns" how you drive over time and makes adjustments, so you may experience altered driving dynamics as your car re-learns your driving style after changing the battery.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
If your brake fluid is a little low, learn how to add some here. Ignoring a low level leads to big problems
Driving with your phone pressed against your ear is illegal in many places. See how to talk hands free!
See how to seal up minor power steering fluid leaks
Transmissions that leak fluid usually have never been flushed and the seal is finally leaking. The right stop leak product can cure a lot