1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Access Battery - Learn where the battery is located
4. Remove Cables - How to disconnect the cables the right way
5. Clean Cables - Clean with baking soda, water and a wire brush
6. Connect Cables - Re-connect the cables in the right order
7. Replace Cover - Ensure the cover is put back properly
8. More Info. - Additional thoughts on corrosion prevention
If the battery in your 2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV has crusty white or green build-up and corrosion on the clamps, posts or terminals, you can improve the performance and lifespan of your battery significantly by cleaning it. Your battery is depleted when it is used to start the car, but then recharged when you drive your Escalade ESV, the corrosion limits the ability for your Escalade ESV to recharge the battery when driving. The video above will show you the correct order to safely remove the battery clamps in your Escalade ESV and what to use to clean your battery terminals and clamps. We will also show you a tip for preventing this buildup in the future so the battery in your Escalade ESV will be optimally charged whenever you drive it!
Car batteries contain dangerous and flammable fluids. Always use safety glasses and gloves whenever working with the battery. Check out our parts page for great deals and coupons on safety glasses, gloves and battery terminal brushes for your Escalade ESV!
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
Small bulbs that burn out regularly - did you know you can replace these with LED lights?
Replacing a dirty air filter can improve gas mileage by up to 4%. Isn't efficiency great?
Learn where your spare tire and jack are located before you need it on the side of the road
Don't be the guy with your third brake light burnt out