1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Set Up Paper - Position paper and mark wheels
3. Assess Leak - How to determine if the leaking fluid is oil
4. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
5. Remove Dipstick - Locate, remove and wipe oil dipstick
6. Replace Cap - Take off the oil fill cap
7. Fix Minor Leaks - Easy way to tackle minor oil leaks
8. Replace Cap - Put the oil fill cap back on the engine
9. More Info. - Additional information on minor oil leaks
This video shows you how to fix minor oil leaks in your 2016 Nissan Sentra and how to tell if the fluid leaking from your Sentra is oil, how to check your oil level and how to fix the oil leak. Low oil levels can wreck your engine, so it is important to be proactive about oil leaks, however small. Oil leaks in the 2016 Sentras with the 1.8 liter engine are often due to a bad seal in the drain plug - the metal washer in your drain plug can only be tightened a few times before it loses its ability to seal and should be replaced periodically to prevent leaking. Replacing the metal washer should only be done when you change the oil in your Sentra, fortunately the video above shows how to fix the minor leak in the interim.
Make sure that your engine is cold and that your Sentra is parked on a level surface when you check the oil level as both of these things can cause the oil level to read low. Check our What is Leaking? video to see what type of fluid is leaking from your Sentra if you need help figuring out what type of oil is leaking from your Sentra.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
Want an easy way to save $500? Rotate your tires at least three times per year
Coolant hoses wear out over time and need to be replaced - check 'em early and often
Learn where your air filter is located and how to determine if it needs to be changed.
Transmissions that leak fluid usually have never been flushed and the seal is finally leaking. The right stop leak product can cure a lot