1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Set Up Paper - Position paper and mark wheels
3. Assess Leak - How to determine if the leaking fluid is coolant
4. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
5. Find Reservoir - Locate the coolant reservoir and clean it
6. Check Level - Determine the coolant level
7. Fix Minor Leaks - Easy way to tackle minor coolant leaks
8. Replace Cap - Secure the coolant reservoir cap
9. More Info. - Additional information on minor coolant leaks
Follow the steps in this video to see how to fix minor coolant (antifreeze) leaks in your 2017 Nissan Titan XD. Leaking coolant is one of the more common types of fluid leaks on Titan XDs. Engine coolant (which is also called antifreeze or anti-freeze) moves through the inside of your Titan XD's engine and keeps it from overheating. Coolant can leak from the reservoir or from the hoses, in 2017 Titan XDs with the 5.6 liter engine, coolant leaks are most likely to occur where the hoses connect to the engine. The video above shows you where the coolant reservoir, hoses and connections on your 2017 Titan XD SL are located and the steps needed to fix minor leaks.
A few things to note about coolant is that it is sweet tasting and highly toxic, so it can end up in the dog's stomach pretty quickly. If you ignore a small coolant leak long enough, you will run out of coolant, which leads to an overheated engine and other serious, but highly avoidable, problems. In many 2017 Titan XDs, an anti-freeze leak can cause the temp sensor to record high engine temperatures. Always protect yourself with safety glasses and gloves when working with the coolant on your Titan XD.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
Learn where your air filter is located and how to determine if it needs to be changed.
If your blinker doesn't blink, or blinks rapidly, you likely have a burnt out bulb
Low coolant levels is all to common - top yours up today
Do you ever get into your friend's car and notice a bad smell? A dirty cabin air filter could be the culprit