1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Access Battery - Learn where the battery is located
4. Remove Bracket - Take off the bracket that secures the battery
5. Remove Cables - How to disconnect the cables the right way
6. Clean Cables - Clean with baking soda, water and a wire brush
7. New Battery - Install new battery and prevent corrosion
8. Secure Battery - Replace the bracket to secure the new battery
9. Replace Cover - Ensure the cover is put back properly
10. More Info. - Additional thoughts on replacing the battery
Hans Angermeier is an ASE certified Maintenance and Light Repair Technician and has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road. Over the past 10 years, Hans has been focused on building CarCareKiosk, which is visited by millions of drivers each month.
Where is the battery located in a Lincoln Nautilus?
The video above shows you how to replace the battery in your 2019 Lincoln Nautilus. We recommend changing the battery in Lincolns every 4 years. Although some batteries last much longer, most batteries begin breaking down chemically after four years, so you could experience dimmer headlights and other negative effects before you have a dead battery in your Nautilus that you need to replace.
The battery location in a Lincoln Nautilus can typically be found in the engine bay, but may be in the trunk, fender or inside of the vehicle. You may need to remove the air filter housing, a plastic engine cover or parts of the cowl to find the battery in your Nautilus. See exactly where the battery is located in your 2019 Lincoln Nautilus.
Replacing the battery in your Nautilus involves removing the terminals. When you reconnect the terminals, your radio presets are likely to be cleared out. In some Nautiluss, you may need to re-enter a security code to get your radio to work again. Check for this code in your owners manual - it will usually be either a sticker or small card in the booklet. If you can't find it, call Lincoln and they will give you the code for free. In many Lincolns, the transmission "learns" how you drive over time and makes adjustments, so you may experience altered driving dynamics as your car re-learns your driving style after changing the battery.
Avoid tickets and accidents with both working headlights! New bulbs are much brighter too
If your brake fluid is a little low, learn how to add some here. Ignoring a low level leads to big problems
Is the clock in your car ahead or behind? Learn how to set it here!
On many cars, the high beam bulb runs at reduced power during the day - check 'em and change 'em!