1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
3. Find Reservoir - Locate the power steering fluid reservoir
4. Check Level - Determine the power steering fluid level
5. Add Fluid - Determine power steering fluid type and add fluid
6. Replace Cap - Secure the power steering fluid cap back in place
7. More Info. - Additional information on power steering fluid
Is your CL hard to turn? You might need to add power steering fluid - this video shows you how to correctly add power steering fluid to your 1999 Acura CL. Adding power steering fluid to your CL is easy and should be done whenever your power steering fluid is low. Before adding power steering fluid, be sure to check your owners manual to determine what type of power steering fluid to add to your CL. This information will typically be located in the back of the manual in a section title fluid capacities and specifications.
In a few days, check the power steering fluid level in your CL to make sure you don't have a leak. If you notice the power steering fluid level is low, see our how to fix minor power steering fluid leaks video.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
Flushing the coolant in your car is not that hard and will extend the life of your engine tremendously - learn how here!
Carmakers are hiding interior fuse boxes all over the place these days - see how to check your interior fuses here!
Learn where your spare tire and jack are located before you need it on the side of the road
Want an easy way to save $500? Rotate your tires at least three times per year