1. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair
2. Assess Leak - How to determine if the leaking fluid is coolant
3. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open
4. Find Reservoir - Locate the coolant reservoir and clean it
5. Check Level - How to determine the coolant level
6. Fix Minor Leaks - Easy way to tackle minor coolant leaks
7. Replace Cap - Secure the coolant reservoir cap
8. More Info. - Additional information on minor coolant leaks
The video above shows to fix minor leaks in the coolant hoses in your 2017 Nissan Titan XD. The hoses carry engine coolant (which is also known as antifreeze or anti-freeze) through your engine and will eventually wear out. You can avoid getting stranded by identifying signs of extreme wear before they break and fixing minor leaks promptly. In 2017 Titan XDs with the 5.6 liter engine, coolant leaks are most likely to occur where the hoses connect to the engine, but it can also leak from the reservoir or from the hoses. In addition to looking for cracks, analyze the brittleness or squishiness of the hoses in your Titan XD - if the hoses are hard to squeeze or squeeze very easily, it's time to replace them. The video above shows you where coolant hoses and coolant reservoir on your 2017 Titan XD SL are located and the steps needed to first minor leaks.
Never attempt to replace a hose that is connected to the air conditioner in your Titan XD - these hoses contain refrigerant that is under pressure and can blind you. AC problems are always best left to your professional mechanic.
Hans Angermeier has produced over 100,000 videos showing drivers how to fix things on their cars. He has broad expertise on basic repair procedures covering the majority of cars on the road.
A check engine light can be cleared with a simple fix or it could be a major problem - find out now!
If your blinker doesn't blink, or blinks rapidly, you likely have a burnt out bulb
Learn where your air filter is located and how to determine if it needs to be changed.
If your car is leaking a small amount of power steering fluid - see this video on how to fix the leak